So who knew that leaving one church in southern BC, for one in northern Alberta and dealing with the stress of moving, seperation from family, not having a place to call home (yet) and the general business that comes with moving would reek such havic on some simple goals.
Here is the update, and the realization that I have to pull up my socks and get these things done! Anyway, enough excuses, here is the cold hard truth.
Weight Loss Goal … Drop 50 pounds in 2012
I started at 251 … I am now house sitting and have no idea where the scale is in this place … but if I could find it it would not read a low enough number. Time is ticking and I only have 21 weeks to go! I am thinking I may have to eat better, and exercise if I am going to make this one!
Book Reading Goal … Read 50 books in 2012
Ok, on this one, I have been reading quite heavily, but I am not doing so great at tracking it for the last 3-4 months. Anyway, here is an incomplete list anyway!
- Revolution by George Barna
- It by Steve Groschel
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
- Bible Study Methods by Rick Warren
- Dragons or Dinosaurs by Darek Isaacs
- Real Marriage by Mark and Grace Driscoll
- Roberts Rules of Order by Henry M III Roberts
- Basic Christianity by John Stott
- Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- The Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot
- The End of the Spear by Steve Saint
- The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard
- The God Who Is There by D.A. Carson
- Outlive Your Live by Max Lucado
- The Radical Reformission by Mark Driscoll
- Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor by D.A. Carson
- Knowing God by J.I. Packer
I think I can make this goal, just have to read 1.57 books a week … ok, I might have to include books that have been made into movies … do they count?