Ok, I know that this is a bit of a strange post. Not often do you hear people exclaim that they love the public library … But I do! Here are my top ten reasons to love my local public library branch …
- They let me check out books, read them and return them … get this … for FREE! (Bet you did not se that one coming!)
- It is conveniently on my direct route to work … (not always true for everyone, but it is for me!)
- They loan movies … for FREE!
- They loan CD’s … for FREE!
- They have magazines that I like enough to read once in a while, but do not like enough to subscribe to … for FREE!
- They have great reading programs for my kids to be part of!
- You can search online and get books from other libraries, even hard to find books on obscure topics (not that I do that … OK I do)
- Computer workstations, big tables, wireless internet … AWESOME! Oh yeah and FREE!
- I go there very regularly and they actually can tell me if there are books there for me, my wife, or any of my kids … without even looking! Yeah I am VERY REGULAR at the library!
- And the best reason to love the library … books smell good!
Go on an adventure, check out your local library!